A few suggestions on getting started based on my limited experience.

-Don't try to cheap out at the starting line. A few quality pieces of equipment will last a Looooog time.
-Ladle pour, not bottom pour. Fewer headaches
-stay away from aluminum moulds. Iron or brass will work fine
-put together a supply of the following based on perceived needs: Pure lead, clip on wheel weights, linotype, tin.
-buy a lead thermometer
-A choice to make....Lee push thru sizer or a size/lube set up. I use the former and it works just dandy for my needs.
-Lee Liquid Alox is quite functional, but so is grease in the grooves. One can lube the grooves with pan lube techniques. Ain't hard to do.
-Bullet fit is everything on the road to success. SLUG YOUR BARRELS, know what size bullet you need before buying a mould.
-Don't get hypnotized by the idea of hard cast bullets. Wheelweight alloy will cover a great deal of need for most pistol and intermediate rifle loads. I use it for the .30-30 and have launched 180 grain bullets at 2,100 fps with fine precision on the targets.
-Powder coat if you want, it's al alternative to other lubes. Your wife with think you're nutz when you start cooking bullets in the oven.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain