Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I read that and the evidence in this case was all on the internet, that is how they got him in the first place. Same for Koresh... We had a guy here on base picked up for the same thing and NCIS WAITED until he got here to the office then nabbed him.

You have no clue WTF you're talking about and this case has zero parallels to the Branch Davidians.

The tracking of internet activity in cases like this provide probable cause for the warrants. You're still a LONG way from satisfying the AUSA as far as achieving a conviction for the most heinous of crimes.

Just because I don't always drink from the "Flave Orifice at Delphi" doesn't mean I'm clueless. The gent I mentioned was arrested HERE, THEN they served a warrant at his house. Of course there is a parallel as there is with many arrest scenarios. In fact, during the post mortem on the Koresh fiasco, there was a lot of criticism leveled at the agents for NOT having picked Koresh up out in town when they had multiple opportunities.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”