Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by Windfall
I was watching a new Bronco commercial and they said that it has seven traction options!!! Really, you need seven? Water, sand, mud, ice, snow and a few more. I’ve been driving all these years and have only ever needed 2wd, 4wd high and low and I didn’t realize how deprived I’ve been.

Well, you should join us in the 21st Century. Vehicles now have a lot of cool stuff that weren't on the vehicles I grew up with. Power steering, power brakes, A/C, etc. Mostly pretty nice improvements. Also, in the last 30 years or so, the computer handles a lot of stuff and vehicles have regularly had more modes than your simple vehicle of yesteryear. The computer changes throttle response and shift points through different modes such as eco, sport, tow/haul. Of course, I'm sure you only drive a stick like me, because who needs an auto, but it is still nice to find a throttle response that fits since almost all new vehicles are throttle by wire.

I sure do miss adjusting those points though. Gave me something to look forward to.

Yes, but I’m the same guy who just dropped $1,600. over at my Ford dealer to pay their electrical “expert” to get the radio working again in my Platinum F150. When that computer wasn’t happy, nothing was working right, nav, back up camera, heater, defrost, a/c, radio, heated and cooled seats, automatic adjusting seats and steering wheel... The toggle for the six color options for the cup holders worked fine though. I’m currently a little disgruntled about Ford’s 21st century onboard electronics.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory