Originally Posted by centershot
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Originally Posted by ihookem
There is hardly a doubt there is a bear coming. I have been getting ready for a few months now. I took out about 16K out of the S&P 500 cause it is so off balance towards tech stocks. Today I put a bunch of it in utilities, ( WEC & FUTY) FUTY is Fidelity utilities ETF. I have been buying food, like Kellogs, General Mills, Archer Daniel Midland and Smuckers Jelly. We will eat and heat our homes . Today I also bought a more conservative high yield ETF ( SPYD). It has a lot of real estate , energy and banks. I figure we will eat, heat our homes and need a place to eat and go to the bank. I almost always loose about half of what the market does on real bad days and corrections. The bear last year was every bit as bad for " conservative stocks as the tech stocks, but that was a first for me.

What do I do with 401k stocks? There are only around 30 different mutual funds/portfolios I have to play with.

I'm going to start moving some of the Growth Funds to Balanced Funds in an attempt to keep more of the gains.

Just don't get caught in bonds when interest rates start going up.

As interest rates increase, bond prices decrease.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell