Originally Posted by pathfinder76
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by pabucktail
Sounds as though they’re moving towards just being able to crank out rem 700 stocks as fast as possible. This new owner is taking a big dump on a lot of people.

I understand what you and Kaleb are saying about losing an option for your favorite stock. However, it sounds like the previous setup was taking a dump on everyone regarding time to keep all options open for a small % of orders. I'm not arguing for one or the other but it sounds like new management is making a sound production decision for the company that will be beneficial to the majority of buyers.....but it does cut out a smaller percentage of buyers.

If it was such a small percentage, it would not be clogging the system like you claim. Their wait times will go down. So will their customer base and revenue.

Reading MtnHtr's info, my understanding is it's the setup for a small number of stocks that eats up so much time. The smaller the percentage or number of stocks, the more cost ineffective it becomes to take the time to change things over for their production.

Originally Posted by MtnHtr

..... they are simply trimming the herd to rid the slow movers. From a production standpoint this makes sense, it simply takes too much time for machine setup to produce one stock for a single order.

...... The new owner's goal is to improve wait times down to 2-3 months. Some less popular stock models were dragging production times down considerably.