Originally Posted by Oakster
Originally Posted by Whiptail

I'm not sure what percentage of the Reddit army made out like bandits. A young guy in my group at work bought in at the peak and held all the way down. He said it was only 2 shares but that kind of message sticks and I bet he learned a life lesson. A sample of one but I bet there's a lot more like him.

The whole event was a manipulation of a stock, nothing backed by financials or even good sense. It made a lot of peopl money but it is definately not a situation you want to be late to the party on. No reason for the stock to be high, No stopping the fall when it heads down.

True, minus the uncertainty of the reddit vs hedge battle the price of AMC right now is a legit investment. this surge allowed them to pay off a lot of their debt and theaters are slowly opening back up, they also have a new streaming service so they’re actually trying to complete with the online services. No reason it can’t trade in the 20’s or higher by summer. GME never had anything going for it that I can tell, except being prematurely bankrupted by the HF.