Originally Posted by Blacktail53
Originally Posted by dimecovers5
Is the trigger guard part of the stock? Am I seeing what I think I'm seeing? What happens if it breaks?

Laffin 😅

There’s no way that trigger guard is going to break unless you have some really major accident. It’s plenty strong.
There’s a pic going around on the net of a guy holding his long action Montana in two pieces.......
He had an accident of some sort and the stock broke at the pistol grip...... stuff happens, but that trigger guard isn’t even on my radar.....

Exactly. Try to break the trigger guard. I did exactly that with a bunch of first articles from the molds when the molds were still in Taiwan and prior to them shipping to the US for final working and texturing. I used the worst case scenario of swinging a complete rifle (without scope) like a baseball bat against the corner of a gunsafe with a direct impact on the trigger guard and had to make multiple high velocity hits in order to break the stock. The trigger guard is very strong and the only way it'll break under even the toughest use is if there was a problem with the molding process for that stock e.g. temperature, flow, cold shut, etc. Tens of thousands of 84M and 84L Hunter rifles have been sold but none returned for a broken trigger guard ... not before May 2020 when I left Kimber.

By the way, those stocks that I tested were left outside for most of the day in 10F weather prior to testing to reduce the ability of the trigger guard to deform under load.

Offering FFL 07 & SOT services in NW Montana
[email protected]