I've been thinking about this quite a bit for the last few days, as I've spent a lot of time moving snow. In several recent discussions here on the Fire, guys have brought up due process being a requirement before taking someone's guns, and that getting around due process is an infringement on rights. I just haven't been able to sort out the value of due process in my mind.

Why are 2nd Amendment rights subject to due process, in you gents' eyes who would argue the validity of it?

Do you agree that your right to speak freely should also be subject to due process before it is removed? How about your freedom to worship as you choose? Should the government have to go through due process before removing that right as well? And what about your right to privacy, to be secure in your effects? Should the government go through due process before violating your property?

What about your bodily autonomy? Is due process required before you are mandated a medical procedure? How far would you take that? Due process before you are raped?

How is due process a Violate My Rights For Free Card?

Last edited by HuntnShoot; 02/09/21.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.