Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Tarquin
The finest made CNC produced modern bolt action should not retail for more than $1500.

A few posts back you recommended we should
pay $3,500 for a GMA. ..wouldn't that be ripping
customers off with your approval ?

Where did I ever state or imply my approval was necessary? That's just silly. laugh The Granite Mountain is made with tight tolerances built-in and is a work of art. Echols charges about $10k to try to turn a Winchester action into something comparable to a Granite Arms action (which can be had for $3500) and even then the Echols reworked action isn't comparable because the GA has double-square bridges. A Borden action can be had for what, $1200? A Defiance controlled round fee is what, $1500? You can get a flat gorgeous rifle from Bansners with CRF for less than $7000. I could go on and on but my point remains the same, $10,000-11,000 for a reworked Winchester action is beyond ridiculous. But again, kudos to Echols if he can convince people to open up their wallets for products that can be had for less than a third of what he charges. Kudos to him for figuring out people are suckers for a high price!

Last edited by Tarquin; 02/10/21.

Tarquin