I’m not much of a cowboy, our small cow herd is an afterthought relative to our dirt farming operation. There are a few small pastures on ground we own or rent that aren’t fit to farm, so we’ve always had 50-60 mama cows. If there is a problem with the cows, I call a vet as I’m pretty worthless on my own. I had never kept back any of my own heifers until the last couple years. My father-in-law died and my wife inherited a few cows, so I’ve been keeping heifers from his cows to carry on his blood lines just for sentimental reasons. So here I am calving heifers going into the coldest 7 day forecast I can remember, and now my wife, one of two daughters, and I have tested positive for Covid in the last 2 days. So far pretty mild symptoms for us. If my cows go early at all, they could start before we get back up close to normal temps as well. Just thinking about what could happen in the next week makes me want to sell all the cows right now. I know we aren’t nearly as cold us you northern guys, but we’re not prepared for negative temps during calving in any way.