Originally Posted by MOGC
Was first issued permathrin about 35 years ago when I worked as a naturalist for the DNR. It was an eye opener for me. As a kid running around a farm working and hunting when the creepy crawlies, ticks and chiggers, were out I always got my fair share of bug bites. I might spray down with some OFF but that was only marginally effective and had plenty of downsides. OFF on a gunstock ruined the finish and I melted the plastic screen on the fish finder in the bass boat with a careless over spray while night fishing for bass. My first job out of college with a biology degree was as a naturalist for the state's DNR State Park division. I was maintaining existing trails and laying out new sections of trail for construction. The first week or two I was miserable until somebody at HQ gave me a case of permathrin for the trail crew. Trying that stuff was one of those wide eyed "where have you been all my life" events. Never without it since and haven't suffered ticks or chiggers in a long time now.

Ive used it on my BWCA closthes and people say Permentrin treated clothes stink... riding in a enclosed vehicle. Is that true?
I couldnt tell on mine.
Thermacell isnt a bad turkey gear item to have.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?