Originally Posted by funshooter
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by wabigoon
The Windco bought at late at night April 75. A late season ice storm knocked out the power after we had many days in January after a big blizzard.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That looks ferocious. Careful not to melt any wiring!

Some times you do what ya gotta do.
I had a 6000W Generator go down on me last year up on my property in Arizona.
I knew the Generator was getting old so I had already purchased another one just in case something happened with the old one,
I picked up an 8750W as a Back up.
well the second trip up to Arizona with the new Back Up Generator my 6000W took a dump on me.
My girl was with me on that trip and she started freaking out because we did not have a Back up to the Back up Generator.
The 8750W was practically Brand New.
So we made a trip down to Kingman and picked up a 2000W Inverter Generator to ease her mind.
I want to make another trip up to Arizona in a week or so and my girl says that the 2000W Generator is not enough as a Back Up Generator.
I have been looking for another bigger Generator for a while.
I found an 12000W Duel Fuel on Craig's List Brand New in the Box for $650
I picked it up yesterday set it up and it ran every thing I hooked up to it as it should have.
My Girl is very happy now.
So I now have
(1) 2000W Inverter
(1) 6000W (Broken down until I see if it can be fixed)
(1) 8750 Electric Start
(1) 12000 Duel Fuel Electric Start
And I never mentioned my
Vantage 400 450 Amp Perkins driven Welding Machine that puts out
11500W Continuous 1PH , & 19000W Continuous 3PH
And my girl is worried about the power going down.
It is always nice to be prepared

Girlfriend? Sounds like she needs to be cabled to a hi transmission power pole. Save you some money no?
I’m kidding of course.
I run the 7k eu Honda unit from a separate building. Remote start/stop and timer. It puts out pretty clean electricity. My solar system with sine wave inverter is cleaner. Being off grid both systems get used heavily in my bear camp.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.