Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
The real Bronco really needs the 5.0 Coyote engine as an option, though Ford won’t put a V8 into a Ranger based truck. The 5.0 is much easier to mod, has a ton of aftermarket support, and is a proven engine (though still a Ford engine). Waiting to see and drive one of the manuals before putting my money down. Tick tock Ford, tick tock...
Really? My daughter's Explorer looks just like a Ranger that's covered and it has a V8. FWIW it's got a little more power than my wife's Merc Mountaineer with the V6, but the Mountaineer normally bests it by a coupleof MPG.

Yep, sadly Ford has axed putting a V8 in these, at least for now. Their big thing is using Ecoboost engines instead, so that’s prob what they will go with if they ever make a Raptor version. I’m interested and will need a new something or other in the next year or so, but not going to even consider it until I can drive one with the manual transmission. Unfortunately Ford is only going manual in the smaller of the two engines available so they can make MPG standards with the larger engine. We will see...

If not, I’ll be waiting to see what the next gen Tacomas and Tundras turn out to be, especially gas mileage wise. Tick tock Toyota...