Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Our deer camp had a beautiful Griswold 14 skillet. It made a hell of a lot of food. It was the biggest cast iron skillet I’ve seen. You could fry a pound of bacon and still have room for the eggs!

One year it just disappeared.

Not surprised. I drove almost a hundred miles each way to get mine. It was buried in a yuge craigslist ad a collector had posted. They are very hard to come by. I could have spent 2 days going through all the stuff he had in his garage. He lived in approx. 1000 sq ft house and his garage was at least 2000 sq ft, minimum. Quite organized, but stuffed to the gills. Old Cadillacs and others parked all over the property.

Me thinks one of your camp mates decided it was no longer group property.. or it was his in the first place and didn't want to take the chance of somebody else liberating it.

Pop told me where it came from, but I don't really recall. I think it was a house warming gift when he and some friends built the camp in the early 60's. He was pissed when it disappeared and everybody played dumb.

Seeing what they go for, I think you are absolutely right. Somebody with access couldn't stand to see that much money hanging on the wall. Rat bastard thief.

No kidding.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH