Originally Posted by Stickfight
I wonder if there is any historical precedent for a country taking its agricultural operations away from Whites and putting them in the hands of blacks? I wonder if the people in the country that did that, mostly black people, eventually began starving and had to beg White farmers to return?

Yes. This happened, to a degree, in my county. I retired recently from USDA and saw it firsthand.

There was a social experiment of sorts years ago here where right at 6000 acres was purchased in my county by the Ford Foundation and other big money groups. The land was given to a black cooperative debt free. The cooperative consisted of about 50 families in the area. The purpose was to show that all they needed was “a chance” , like the white farmers, and they could make it in the world of large scale farming.

The experiment failed a few years later and the land repossessed for a number of reasons. Mostly because the cooperative could not obtain financing. Many of their farming practices used early 1900’s farming methods, not “modern” methods. For instance, they’d plant several hundred acres of peanuts. Weed control? Spray and /or plow. Instead they resorted to hoeing the acreage. Ever hoe 500 acres of peanuts? They resorted to recruiting a good number of idealist college students from a number of colleges in the Northeast to spend their summer vacation down here hoeing crops. That went over well as you can imagine. The then gave each college student a load of watermelons stuffed in the trunks of their cars with instructions to sell them when they got back to New York, etc and send the money back. The cooperative never really stood a chance. You never want to see anybody fail, really. But they did.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.