Don't normally post personal stuff here but this is kind of a big deal for me.

Had a cataract removed from my right eye in December, they replace your clouded over natural lens with an artificial one. You can choose the correction - near, middle, distance - and I chose distance which is basically everything about 24" out and further. The brightness and visual acuity difference was literally night and day.

I'm left eye dominant and shoot left handed/left eyed so the right eye operation didn't change my shooting situation much. However, the left eye had a beginning cataract; not as bad as the right eye but still made vision slightly cloudy and diffused. Well, the right eye had such a good outcome and the left eye was able to qualify for insurance coverage so I went ahead and had the left one done yesterday.

Holy cow! This is great! With just the naked eye I can see handgun sights as well as I did 20 or more years ago. I really like peep sights on rifles and have eight so equipped and now the front sights are as sharp and well defined as they can be. Even the front sight on an 18 1/2" barreled 10/22 is clear and sharp. Don't need glasses to have red dot sights in focus, either. Still have some corneal swelling today so everything isn't 100% yet, but that just means things will only get better in the next few days.

Plus, since the lenses are artificial (thanks, Bausch and Lomb), this vision won't decline with age. Even if in later years I do get a secondary condition whose name I forget now, a short blast with a laser will set it good as new again.

Only downside is now I have to refocus the ocular lenses on all my scopes, but that's definitely a happy task.

Got a whole new outlook on the world... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!