Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I'm sorry to hear that.
I didn't know him, but from what you say, he sounds like a stand up guy.
Amazing Quigley-like skill to use a rifle like that!

You mentioned,
"Bill passed away unexpectedly this afternoon while recovering from successful back surgery."

Something seems strangely related to surgery with the timing. Are you allowed to speculate.? It's not important to me, just curious.

I'll pray for the family.

(It's times like these that I think of my signature....)

I heard about it from mutual friend gunner500 (member here) about 4:30 PM, about an hour after Bill passed today.
Gunner500 lives closer to Bill and is one of his most distinguished trainees in the art of the Sharps rifle.
I never got to meet Bill in person, sorry to say.

I had talked to Bill several times while he was recuperating from surgery some weeks ago.
He was in a physical rehabilitation/medical facility/hospital, which is common following such surgery on a man of Bill's age with chronic spine issues.
They were probably keeping him for the maximum duration for such a stay, 21 days post-op sounds familiar, I am a retired physician.
They kept one of my relatives for the full 21 days and then some, after major surgery: Rehab.
So, Bill and his Wife were there practicing getting him in and out of a motor vehicle/transport simulation today.
He was walking and talking and expecting to go home in 2 days.
After a bit of walking he collapsed and his heart stopped beating.
Pulmonary embolus is most suspect, of course.
I cannot speculate anymore than that most likely thing.

Remember Peter Hathaway Capstick deceased after cardiac bypass surgery (CABG) ?
He was 56, and also might have died due to pulmonary embolus, or some other complication. Blood clot travels from lower extremity to lungs and blocks heart and lung circulation.
Don't know if cause was ever reported for sure.
Unlike Capstick, Bill Bagwell did not drink alcohol to excess nor write fiction.
Bill Bagwell was a clean-liver and truth-teller.

God bless Bill and his loving Wife.

Ron aka "Rip" for Riflecrank Internationale Permanente
NRA Life Benefactor and Beneficiary
.458 Winchester Magnum, Magnanimous in Victory
THE WALKING DEAD does so remind me of Democrap voters. Donkeypox.