Originally Posted by mikestaten
I have a can of H322 but I’ve never used that powder before. Looks like it may be good for 50 grain bullets in the 223. Pros and cons of that powder for that load? Not sure if it matters but will be loading these for use in an AR. If not good for 223, what round does H322 excel in?
Thanks, Mike

I've shot many pounds of H322 in both the 222 Rem and 223 Rem with 50 grain, poly-tipped bullets, and it works great! Most of those reloads were in bolt guns but I've also used it in AR-15s and Mini-14s will good results. It also works fine with 40 and 55 grain bullets in those rounds. It meters very well, plus it burns clean and very uniformly. The only CON might be that it won't CONSISTENTLY produce the absolute highest velocity for 50 grain bullets but I never missed that extra 100 fps given how accurate my H322 loads were.

I've also shot even more pounds of H322 in handgun silhouette rounds like the 7TCU over the last 40 years and it works superbly in those cartridges, too. Another round where I used it with good results is the 45-70. I always try to have H322 on hand for my reloading tasks.

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)