My mom is in a nursing home and it was her birthday yesterday. We just happened to have a doctor's appointment for her. The nursing home is on strict lockdown/quarantine so this is the only time we can actually see our mom in person, so I flew back from Montana to CA to be here for the appointment.

I was shocked at what I saw on my short trip to the SF area. First, there was a very large protest in the Sunset district (used to be one of the blue collar areas of SF, still not as crazy left as the other parts of the city) with folks collecting signatures to recall Newscum. It wasn't a freak show type of protest, it was normal looking working people who were fed up. I've never seen something like it in SF before.

THEN, when the ambulance transport got us to the hospital for my mom's appointment, the staff there ushered us into a closed room and told us we have an hour to hang out with our mom, no masks, no distancing, no restrictions. She's had both rounds of the vaccine and the dr there told us he will not comply with inhumane government orders that keep families separated (and yes, I caught the amazing turn of events with that phrase). The nurses even baked birthday cookies for my mom and had presents ready for her (she has Alzheimer's, so she didn't quite understand it was her birthday, but she loved the attention).

The medical staff was in actual tears, complaining that they are forced to operate "speakeasies" for families due to the government policies that are keeping people in a pointless state of separation.

Word to the left: When you've lost SF, you really must have crossed the line... But I know this is too little, too late. Still, to have doctors refusing to comply with government orders that keep families apart is something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime. It felt like I was in some third world dictatorship (which I was, in effect).

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.