I ended up purchasing four of these M12 Impacts for myself from Standard Manufacturing. 3 of the rifles have the appropriate matching serial numbers on the receiver and the bolt. One does not and the serial numbers are not even close (over 2000 off). Obviously, somewhere between the manufacturer and the distributer, someone was messing with bolts and got them switched. I talked with Mauser-USA and they confirmed that each bolt is head-spaced individually and, by German law, serial numbers are checked by the proof house. Thus far, Standard has not been helpful. A call yielded a "send an email to the tech team at galazanmsn.com". I called two different numbers, and all were answered by the same dude with a foreign accent. My last call to a third number was answered by a woman (who I suspect was sitting right next to the foreign-accent guy) and she said the same thing about an email to the tech team. I asked for a number for the tech guys and she said there wasn't one. Not promising.

Has everyone checked their numbers on the bolts and receivers? Maybe I have your bolt and maybe you have mine?!?! I can only hope that it would be that easy.

Give me land, lots of land, under starry skies above. Don't fence me in.