Originally Posted by Quartermaster
Hanco, i believe this is the 2nd time you mentioned that they voted him in, they got what they deserved. Not fair. 95% of ny geographically is red, but the big cities ( nyc, rochester, albany, syracuse, etc) maintain the majority of the population. Check it out on a map showing counties that voted for Trump vs. Biden.
I have lived in ny my whole life and it wasn’t always like this, but it has gotten worse and worse as time goes by. I built a great house 35 years ago on a piece of property which is on top of a mountain with great views and 40 acres of hunting to kill for, swimming pool, and shooting range. I could never sell it for enough money to move to another state and have what I have now, so I will just bite the bullet on our politics and the amount of taxes we pay, until they come for my guns or I can’t afford my taxes any more.
Me or any of my family, nor my friends have ever pulled a lever for a liberal in a town, county, state or federal election! At almost 70, I don’t want to start over again.
QM

Although I spent time in NYC in the mid 1980's, I never traveled upstate to see the "rest" of New York until much later. A few years ago I got to spend a week travelling from Cooperstown and then around the center and western part of the state. I found it beautiful. I was surprised (pleasantly) that the NYC attitude and politis were largely absent, but what was evident is the utter contempt people had for the City and Albany.

I can see why the people of the state of New York would love to cut the city loose and let it be a city/state and they can have a great state back.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo