Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
A goodly portion of the AG community help put Biden in the Oval, they may just reap what they sowed...

First the Union "working people" now the farmers. Say it ain't so Joe, say it ain't so.

Since I've spent 30 + yrs working for farmers especially in SE Nebraska and SW Iowa the trend hasn't been so much toward the left as there are many Repubs across both states..The ones I know well most likely won't change parties but will vote to protect their family's livelihood which Trump tariffs put in jeopardy..

Sorry FlyboyFlem, I don't think you are seeing the big picture and I have to disagree with you. I know the farmers do not like the tariffs and embargoes because it hits their bottom line. But, the biggest problem is China and every farmer I know does not like the interference that China has become. China is buying land and driving up ground prices. China is also importing huge amounts of goods formerly made in America and pushing America in to a Service industry country instead of a Manufacturing country.

Like many Americans, farmers are afraid of and greatly dislike big government. If things don't change, it is a matter of time before China will be dictating to the American government what policies are acceptable and what they will stand for in competition for commodities and manufactured goods. Only the really big and super rich mega farming organizations who can buy government influence approve of a big powerful government. But I think all are fearful of a big and powerful China. At least the ones I know are.

Yes, the tariffs stink and so do embargoes. If the Chinese were buying American pork and not eating wild bats would we have been hit with Covid 19 ?? Or is this retaliation for Donald Trump standing up to them. 9 out of 10 farmers I know voted for Donald Trump and less government even with the tariffs and embargoes in place because they can see ahead as well as we can and they don't like what they see either.
kwg

I certainly get the big picture however since you're in the Des Moines area you are aware that we've had two so-called hundred year floods that devastated not only the entire state of Ne but areas of Iowa along the Missouri R from Sioux city to the Missouri line.

Many land owners lost everything including homes,Ag businesses,,tons of grain in storage and had thousands of acres of valuable farm land ruined for years to come..Some have left the hardest hit areas never to return and others have managed to barely hang on by a thread just recently finally getting a crop in the ground this past year..The tariffs & embargoes while they were in the recovery stage is / was devastating many are still recovering .. Never thought I'd see so many rural Biden/Harris posters in my travels but they were there to my dismay..Ethanol is more salt in their wounds however new farm bills need to address average farm families as well as big corporate entities that can sustain themselves and survive Mother Nature's wrath or national crisis.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody