Last summer I bought a brand new one, never been fired for $300 after taxes. It is a 54 cal. I like it , but not as much as my Hawken. The reason is cause it has a single trigger and it is a bit stiff. It is better for hunting than my Hawken cause the Renegade barrel is longer. I make my own roundballs for almost nothing and my patches are all but free . I make them on cold winter nights when I can keep cabin fever at bay by dreaming of warmer days and bucks in rut. I have the 1/48" twist on both guns. I get about 4" at 50 yds , but it is off a block of wood for a rest. I have 4 muzzleloaders, A TC Encore, then a TC Impact, then I bought a TC Hawken 50 cal. I like the sidelocks so much that I have not shot the inlines since I bought my sidelocks. They are just so cool to shoot , and making my own roundballs and patches make it harder to run out of supplies . I have not made my own black powder yet and only shoot black powder. ABout 60 gr. is plenty for targets too. I even went as low as 40 gr. and is still just fine in my 50. Later, Ihookem.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23