I already have one of these, but this one was too nice to pass up. It's a Valmet BBF 12/222 in super condition. The bores are perfect, the bluing 99%, and the wood has only two minor nicks on the bottom edge of the butt stock.

I had a set of Leupold medium mounts for a Sako and stuck a 4X33 P&CH "junk" scope I took off a Husqvarna FN 98 in 8X57 I had to buy. blush The scope is Japanese, branded only with a "V" on a cap, but it is crystal clear, and the clicks mean 1/4" at 100 every click, plus it holds zero. I shot some 12ga ammo through the gun to see what the scope would do.

Over the hood of the Jeep YJ I shot two ea three shot groups at 100 yards, both were 1". I used Fiocchi 50gr Z-Max ammo, good factory boooolets for this little combo. I'll try some Remington 2 3/4" reduced recoil slugs in it as soon as I find where the hll I stashed them.

I'm going to work up a load for this and the other one, using 64gr Nosler Bonded bullets. They have stubby noses that should help stabilize them and be good deer killers.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”