Pugs, I am not familiar with any chart that identifies similar 22 lubes. I understand Lapua/SK use the same lube. It looks the same, and there’s no variation in bullet impact when first switching between that ammo.

Same for rim thickness. I haven’t looked into it and for my silhouette won’t. I’m just not that dedicated. smile. When a slow year is 5000 rounds, I’m not sorting for rim thickness. Besides, a GREAT rifle/ammo melding will hit the 3/8 minute dot in our scopes at ram distance. It’s just not the same level of accuracy as benchrest. In silhouette, a great follow through is more important than that last 50 thou smaller group size. I know you know that, just talking. smile

I was asked how I decide what to use at turkeys. Two things help me decide. First, if my rifle really likes the latest lot of standard plus and it shoots great at 77m, I use it.

Second, if I am not shooting at a level I feel good about I don’t waste the expensive Midas. That’s like a rookie golfer spraying pro-v 1s into the bush ... what’s the point? grin

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.