Blanks are mostly Calstar, Seeker, Lamiglas, Rainshadow, Fenwick, Saber, Gator/Tiger (Howald glass process like used on UglySticks) Shikari and a number of bargain blanks of indeterminate parentage. Some of the blanks are 20 plus, even 30 plus years old, that I have collected over the years (been building rods for well over 50 years). Lately I've been circling back to fiberglass which is a lot more forgiving and easier on the back and shoulders than the stiffer of the graphites.

Components, I'm old school so lots of stainless on the heavier SW rods, halide/alconite on the fresh water and light/medium SW, and oversize chrome plated on surf and pier spinners (i.e. for Florida pier fishing). Fanciest ring guides are Fuji SIC's, and only a few rods wear those. Makers are Pac Bay, Fuji and other "offshore" as well as AFTCO on the rollers.

I consider myself a fisherman, and my rods are all purpose built and style wise, the older I get the less fancy my rods. Wraps are plain jane, sometimes with zero trim, or only with one or max two colors of trim. I even do some, like fly rods, with one color of nylon thread with no color preserver so the wraps blend right into the blank when the epoxy is applied. My last diamond wrap was over 30 years ago.... . So even if I could post pictures (never tried), they are sorta drab looking by comparison with most custom rods you see out there. My approach is all about function.

I dont make rods to sell, just use or give away, especially to kids or grandkids.

Honestly IMO the biggest ingredient in my rods is the mental part, the design and layout. Most folks wont give my rods a second look, but someone who really fishes will take notice and parhaps even start a conversation.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough