Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Almost guaranteed 3rd gen+ Asians. Prior generations don't have that whiny, BS victim mindset, IMO and E. Moreover, at least in inner city parts I'm familiar with, assaulting Asian dudes--especially ones that still have heavy accents from their former home countries-- can be bad for your health if you mess with them. As a kid I grew up with lots of Vietnamese, Cambodian and HK/Chinese immigrants. This is mid-late 70s into the 80s. Many of these kids grew up in places where life was cheap and they understood to the core the world of dog eat dog.

Most would take being messed with some, but after that with many, it'd be on, and those cats played for keeps. Not all, but many of the contemporary Asians I see whining are really about the whole 'LOOK AT ME!' thing. They have little to no clue what actually being regularly targeted for abuse is like. I kind of wish they did, so they'd STFU and realize their lives have been a cake walk compared to what virtually every previous generation had to endure.

Leighton,
Ironic, but many of the old civil rights fighters say exactly
the same thing about young blacks.

The guys who fought just to get a drink of water or to be able
to buy a sammich, really don't have much sympathy for the young
dude crying "It ain't fair".

Could play it opposite if I wanted.
Our family was here before This nation.
Helped create it, build it, defend it.
Could say I'm owed something.

I am.
Opportunity.