I'll play devil's advocate here, and tell you to save your money and don't buy a 204. I've had 2 of them, a Remington 7 and a Howa. Both shot well, and I killed coyotes and bobcats with them. But, I wasn't impressed in the least with the 204 Ruger. I had several instances in which the 32 grain VMax's went splat and didn't penetrate. Eventually I switch to the 35 grain Berger bullets, but by then my confidence in the cartridge was gone.

If you like the lighter weight bullets, you can easily push a 40 grain 22 caliber bullet to over 4000 fps in a 22-250, and it works on coyotes perfect. I've killed more coyotes with a 223 shooting the 50 grain VMax, and it will perform almost as well as the 40 grain 204 bullet will.

I'm of the opinion that if I want to shoot little bitty bullets, then I want a 17 caliber, and if I want to shoot heavier little bullets, then I want a 22 caliber. Anyway, I have a 22-250 to shoot the 40 grain bullets fast, and 223's for every other 22 caliber need. Honestly, I see no need for anything smaller.

But, on the other hand, it's none of my business how someone else spends their money, and if it trips your trigger, then go for it.