Originally Posted by sackett
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by sackett
If you think you can do a better job of moving around 6 million packages a day like Fed Ex does, why not start your own shipping company?

I've been shipping and receiving for 30 years and have never seen such poor service as what we are seeing lately. Fedx has been at the bottom of the barrel longer than most too. The OP isn't whining. He expects better service, as we all should. Your defending fedx sounds like you work for them.

Nope never worked for them. Did work in shipping & receiving for a for a large company for a few years, so yes, I know how to play the shipping game to suite the company shipping the item.

And the amount of packages shipped from 30 years to today has grown how times more?

And how is the service that much different that it was 25 years ago only we can now see real-time tracking. Remember when you used to order something and they said 2-3 weeks for shipping? There was a reason for that. Because of people who think their package is the only one that count and expect their package to be delivered the next day, when they paid for up-to 3 days for delivery

Real time tracking isn't so real. Just the other day UPS had one of mine in limbo and after a call to the local office the lady there tells me what I'm seeing on the website has nothing to do with where the package is. In fact none of it was accurate according to her, she had access to better info than I did. Post office is the same and I won't ship with fedx due to ongoing blunders.

When I started my business in 1994 I could place an order with MSC today and have that order at my door tomorrow. That went away about 4 years ago, UPS being the carrier. The post office has declined rapidly in the past 2 years. Fedx seems to have always been 2nd rate. None of them are getting better. They need to step up and manage things better and a big part of that is hiring people that are willing and able to do the best they can and not just want to get paid and quit putting people in charge that have no management skills beyond what they learned in college.