Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Originally Posted by teamprairiedog
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Was born there in a little town called Sikeston. Came to East Tennessee before my 1st birthday.

Home of the throwed rolls. Leave there hungry it's your own fault.

Tell me about that. I have no memory of the place.

Lambert's, the original one, the one at Ozark came later.
They have servers wandering around with these pouched apron things full of fresh, warm and really good dinner rolls. Used to be that someone would hold up a hand or shout "over here" and they would lob a roll or two over the heads of the diners
in between. There would be rolls flying every which way overhead. Now days they just hand them to you... someone bitched after they got beaned by an errant toss. There's always got to be a crybaby f'ing things up.

The whole time you're there, you'll have servers great big bowls of beans, fried taters, fried okra and apple sauce stopping at your table to see if you want what they are serving. The meal that you order is all you can eat and everything is great. I stopped at the Ozark location and got prime rib once... I almost injured myself it was so good.

A little tip... don't fill up on the rolls while waiting for your meal to arrive...it's hard not to with the sorghum on the table. Another tip... the chicken fried steak is great and if you order the large size you might not be able to eat it all.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla