Husqvarna rifle model designations seem to be part of a grander Swedish State secret! Here, 'confusion to the sportsman'! My understanding, by definition all flavors of the Model 46 are based on Swedish Model 94,small ring actions. (Used to say Model 96, but slapped so many times by the Husqvarna experts; now clicking-heels & repeating their term: Model 94.) Principal characteristics: small ring, two lug bolt mauser action.

The referenced Simpson information concerning their own product. I do agree that the rifle in the photo, appears a model 98. Such, as pinging on the striker group gas shield, normally not a factory feature of the type 94 or 96. But speaking of a small ring Belgian FN, unsure! Moreover, even to assume century plus originality, a larger roll of dice. Simpsons, likely 'calling them as seeing them'.

Any event, looks a quite interesting rifle! I'd like a whole lot more information about it for intellectual curiosity satisfaction! Maybe some expert can come along here and clarify. But run of mill Swede Husky; it's not! The aside that the Husqvarna 1600 Series is the small ring mauser action with considerable sporting update/adaption.

'65's Post coming as I was completing mine. Short of an index or flow chart, believe he pretty well and succinctly as possible nailed the matter. A congrats on that alone!!! smile

Best & Stay Safe!
John

Last edited by iskra; 03/05/21. Reason: Intervening Quality Post