Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Razorhog
Jimi Hendrix said Phil Keaggy. I agree. All mentioned except Cobain are really special but Phil Keaggy takes the cake in my opinion.
I think you guys are being too tough on Cobain. Sure, he wasn't technically proficient but he could come up with simple riffs that absolutely rocked.
Maybe I missed the comments, but did not see anyone say anything rough about Cobain as a guitar player. But, I will. His stuff is like coffee grounds compared to any one of a hundred guitar artists. And, those are not actually riffs in the original sense.
Cobain was a no talent hack. Should’ve used the shotgun sooner.
Well he's got one video on YouTube with 1.2 BILLION views. Not too bad for a hack.
As often said, there is no accounting for poor taste. How many such views do the vulgar rapper guys have - and are you impressed by those numbers to the point where you would praise them as well? Cobain had a niche due to the listening preferences of some fans - lots of them - and he was a junkie, and he offed himself - all of which seems to have added to his "mystique" and none of which made him a great guitarist.
Oh quit being an arrogant pompous prick. I never said he was a great guitarist. You seem very impressed with yourself, and I don't like that at all. I'm not going to argue this but comparing Nirvana to some dumbass rappin negro is pretty funny.
Why don't you simply resort to low-level name calling - because you don't like what someone else posts?? I never said you claimed Cobain was a great guitarist - I simply pointed out the criteria you used (number of views) to uphold the guy - and wondered if you used the same criteria for rappers. You don't like that? Surprise ! You said " comparing Nirvana to some dumbass rappin negro is pretty funny." I agree - that is why I used that example. Maybe try having fun instead of resorting to ad hominem rant.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron