Varmintguy,

I’m glad you got a good one! I’ve lost count of the number of Remingtons I’ve had. Some have shot really well, some have been more ho-hum in the case of some of my hunting rifles. The 17 Fireball was the worst. At the end if the day it was determined the chamber wasn’t in line with the bore so the new reamer just followed the old chambering. Such is life and it turned out well regardless. That 204 i had built off of it is an incredible shooter with it’s Shilen barrel! It’s really a shame these companies, not just Remington, can’t seem to get their acts together. The last 30 years seem to have been a race to the bottom of manufacturing costs and quality be damned. There’s certainly exceptions. My Cooper rifles have all been excellent. But it’s such a shame to see Remington where they are today.

I’ve been around the mach iv as a few of my buddies have had em. I just never got around to building one as funds and other guns took priority. Fortunately I still have brass and dies from my last attempt with the 17 fireball so it won’t take much effort to get it running when it’s finished. What are you using load-wise in yours?

Yours in Liberty,

BL