Longshot3: Good luck with that Hornet.
Many years ago when the 77/22 Hornet first came out I bought one - the heavy barrel model and I could not get mine to shoot very well at all.
Functioned and looked great but accuracy was discouraging.
I tried for a year or so to find a combination that shot well but no luck so I sold that Rifle.
Just last year I bought a Ruger 77/17 Hornet and it shoots very well indeed with Hornady factory ammunition - about to try out my handloads in it now.
I should have tried some bedding with my original 22 Hornet - I kind of wish I hadn't given up on it.
Best of luck to you and be sure and let us know how it shoots.
And this - many years ago I bought a beautiful Ruger #1-B in 22 Hornet and I tried for years to get it to shoot with no luck.
Finally following a suggestion from a CampFire member I switched to nickel plated brass (Remington), H 110 powder and Hornady 35 grain V-Max bullets and the Ruger started shooting pretty well!
I made all three changes, as suggested by the CampFirer, at once so I am NOT sure which "change" improved the accuracy.
I have heard the neck tension aspect of the 22 Hornet is an important factor in obtaining best accuracy?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy