I recently received my Browning Model 71 conversion to 50-110 back from Turnbull and I absolutely love it! It's got a 26" rust blued octagonal barrel and I added the extended tube magazine. I added checkering to the factory buttstock and installed a Pachmayr decelerator pad. I also had them install an aluminum pillar around the screw that holds the buttstock to the frame for added strength. We replaced the factory forend with a custom checkered forend in order to accommodate the octagonal barrel. It's got a Marble's silver bead front sight along with a Marble's bullseye rear sight. I also had them color case harden the receiver, hammer, lever, and forend cap. All other metal finishes were blued and the wood received a nice red oil finish.

It's shooting great with everything that I have loaded for it so far. I plan to carry it on a cape buffalo hunt that I have scheduled for July. The load that I plan to use is a 450 grain Swift A Frame over a Starline case full of RL15, ignited by a Fed 215 LRM primer.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

DJH

Last edited by 8Point; 03/13/21.