Originally Posted by Quak
Genitalmen

Need some advice for a quality hiking boot. I’m young enough that I’ve always been able to strap anything to my feet and deal with it. This past year as I approach 40 I’ve had two stress fractures as a result of cheap worn out boots and an active lifestyle

What I need is a quality waterproof boot that is good on uneven surfaces, comfortable AND durable. Use would be scouting/hiking and shed hunting. I may wear them to my heated blinds in cold but insulated is not a requirement. I’ve got bunny boots for the real cold stuff up here

Not sure if Merrells or keen are any good...they look like junk but I’m no expert.

Price is no concern. Fwiw my feet are a 13ee so pretty big and wide

I went through the same thing last year while I was preparing for a NM elk hunt. The best advice I received was to contact Lathrop and sons. They will do custom insoles for you, BUT whether you do them or not they are a wealth of knowledge. Long story short, I ended up with 2 pairs of boots. 1 pair of lathrop and sons mountain hunters and 1 pair of Lowa Caminos. Both were expensive but both are outstanding boots. I also have a pair of made in USA Danners. Also outstanding boots. I don't buy Chinese or Japanese or anything from the "Pacific rim" if I can avoid it either!!!

Last edited by bobinpa; 03/14/21.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020