Current chain saw inventory: 50 yo Homelite 150 Automatic 14"; MS250 Stihl 16"; new Poulan Pro 18"; McCulloch 14" 120V and a DeWalt 20V 12". They all cut wood, some better than others. Haven't used the old Homelite lately, need to make a new cork gasket for the fuel cap.

Stihl gets most of the work in the woods, although I cut up enough wood with the 20V DeWalt last year, for cabin firewood in deer season. Mostly dead apple from 4 to 8 inches. 18 yo Stihl was on the fritz and didn't make the trip to camp in deer season. The 20V DeWalt was a gift, also came with a hedge trimmer. I like the little critter so far? Handy for small jobs around home and cabin.

The 120V Mac stays at camp, can cut up wood I fetch back to the cabin, where there's electricity. It was free from a customer years ago. Only thing wrong with it, sumbitch throws bar oil like a field sprayer.

Got another Poulan Pro because I had one years ago as a spare to the Stihl, eventually gave it to a farm boy cousin. He finally killed it after about 10 years. Got another $200 one, because he had the Poulan case and a half dozen chains I gave him.

I burn from 3 to 4 cords of firewood a year at home. Most of that was handled with the Stihl. I've done up to 24" red and white oak with it over the years, along with some ash and locust. Finally have a local source for ethanol-free gas, so that's all the Stihl gets now.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.