An item is only worth what someone will pay for it. Scruples and morals and ethics vary from person to person. I agree if you don't like someone's prices bypass them and go on. This gives you something to talk about to your hunting buddies or gun buddies for example... Can you believe what this person is asking for ... or I can't believe this dumb SOB gave $$$ for this....There is also the side to of prepping -vs- panic buying. Prepping is say you have a 30-06 and you live to deer hunt (or any other caliber that you go to the range and shoot) when ammo is plentiful buy an extra box or 2 once or twice a month when you have the disposable funds and your cache or stockpile grows significantly in no time. That's the definition of prepping. Panic buying is what we all have become victims of currently in this pandemic, election year whatever you want to call it and that's when there is an "ammo shortage". The people that give these high prices are the ones that didn't think ahead to use their disposable funds to prepare for times like these. The gougers are the ones waiting in line at the main stream sporting goods stores that have prepped for themselves but also see an opportunity to take advantage of the ones that didn't think ahead to prep for times like these. All that being said the people that weren't prepared for these current times should be looked at from the same point of view as the ones who were prepared and are taking advantage of the system. Granted if you find yourself in either boat the view sucks to the onlookers and the people caught in the needy boat. I agree with many people in this post but if you aren't prepared for any situation then you have no one to blame but yourself. The logical approach is to be prepared for times like these and the problem of gouging takes care of themselves but there will ALWYAS be people that don't prepare and the nay-sayers that just blow off the situation saying "it will never happen". The way the government will EVER control guns is not by banning guns but by controlling the flow of ammo.

Just my 2 cents and remember the boy scouts motto "Be prepared" and this will take care of itself.

Last edited by Sendero558; 03/16/21.