Originally Posted by ChrisF
You guys are remembering a very different dpms than I am.

I remember "that" DMPS. Back then they were using their whole name, Defense Procurement Military Services. With a name like that, you had a high likelihood of mil-spec parts right? ...WRONG. I got a crash course in civilian AR parts during the first panic under Clinton and I got introduced to what a cast lower receiver looked like courtesy of DPMS. Not long later as manufacturers jumped onto the free float tube bandwagon, DPMS was notable for using thin walled tubing on their "under the handguard: tubes. Fine if you're shooting off the bench, but not fine for their intended purpose of Service Rifle competition where the tube bears high amounts of pull under sling tension. I'm sure they've evolved since then...but those two experiences were telling for me of the DPMS quality mindset.

Yep. I agree. And BIL has a DPMS 308. The Remington he has shoots circles around the DPMS one... YMMV. I recall them for cheapy stuff that wasn't very good.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....