If the season were to start tomorrow, I'd be kind of stuck. I spend a couple weekends well ahead of season dressing the stands and blinds.

Most of the stands have a camo shower curtain to put over the shooting rail. I add foam pipe insulation so I've got a padded rail. The tower blind has a camo skit that goes all the way around. The ground blinds all have camp chairs that we have to deliver. Each hunting venue takes about 15-20 minutes for setup.

We have one new stand that Angus wants to set up at a new location at the far extremity of the farm. It's one of those 2-man buddy ladder. We can roll a truck to within 30 yards of the tree. It's just a matter of getting it up. That will be erected in August or September.

We need to clear shooting lanes at the Lazy Boy blind. The cedars have really grown up.

The neighbor back in the city has recently torn down a privacy fence. If I can get a trailer, I'm thinking of hauling the sections down and using them for another ground blind.

The rest of it is all sorted out. Rifles and ammo? Check. Clothes? Check. All I need to do is load the coolers and stop at Krogers on the way down.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer