If you're a shooter/hunter or just a collector desiring a 64 in the arsenal, go for it! I generally prefer a straight grip stock in the '94 lever series. I do have several Model 64 rifles, each coming to me cheaply. Prewar, wartime and postwar. All very similar but for chambering; two in 32 Win Spl. I believe the 30-30 is definitely preferable to the essentially obsolete .32 Win Special. Ammo availability/cost as well as the slow twist of the .32 Spl genre portending earlier wear-accuracy issues. Rifle for rifle, I believe the 30 is more capable and desirable.
My postwar has an aftermarket pad. That said, frankly I do appreciate longer pull lengths and it's more comfortable for me. Up into early fifties, the svelte integral forged front sight ramp was retained and that for me, a few more positive clicks.
They are of course Winchesters and good guns. I'd also definitely & greatly prefer a pre '64 genre. As noted a carbine is great, but disproportionately pricey and collectible for most folks. There, be especially careful of forgeries!
Just my take
Best!
John