Originally Posted by Remington40x
Originally Posted by S99VG
Prices are up but I've been watching a few that nobody seems to want to touch. One is a stellar post war 99R that's on it's second auction cycle at just under 1K. One K is a high starting price by my standards but this thing is being totally ignored while guns in worse condition get priced way out of sight.

Bid on it and watch the competitive bids come flying in. Sometimes, all it takes is one person breaking the ice to confirm that the gun is worth a closer look.

I recently got aced out of a 16 gauge sxs that way. It had gone through one full cycle with no bids and was reposted. One bid and the bidders came out of the woodwork. It ended up going for far more than I was willing or able to pay.

I think it's two things. Number one is ignorance, if somebody bids on it the ignorant guy who thinks he needs (wants) it goes "Oh, it must be valuable therefore I will bid on it." As long as someone else keeps bidding he thinks it must be worth a little more and he keeps bidding. The second is ego, "I'm not letting that SOB outbid me!" I don't like actions for these reasons.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]