Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Nebraska
I don't see this happening for years to come because I don't think they're ready for the ramifications right now. The middle class (and even lower class) still have too many resources and that could be very costly to the government. Plus, there's still a lot of police, military, etc. that would side with the good guys and the Constitution. Now let the Dems continue to bankrupt the country by devaluing our currency, drive away industry/jobs through taxes/regulation, flood the population with illegal aliens, and brainwash the masses via their non-stop media propaganda and they might just get stupid to see what they can do.

I think you are being either extremely optimistic or are just naive.

They have been working towards this since the early 60’s quite possibly much earlier.
They will not wait forever.

The time is right, they have the country locked down, they have the country living in fear, they have the elections rigged, they have control of both houses of Congress, the Supreme Court AND the Military. They have all their Ducks in a Row and the time is NOW to pounce.

As for LE , don’t be ridiculous , cops like the Military will follow orders. They will Stand Down and allow citizens to be injured and killed, they will arrest people for defending themselves, they will arrest people for refusing lockdown orders and mask mandates, they WILL follow orders.

Those select few that do not follow orders will either quit, or be fired. What’s left will be 100% willing to follow orders.

I think what you will see is Special Units formed for the purpose. In lots of states, in more rural areas the local cops and the sheriffs aren't to keen on confiscation, but the state police are more of a threat. So there will be a specials firearms unit of the state police that does this sort of thing. The unit eventually will have a administrative/investigative unit that finds prohibited folks and confiscation unit that collects the firearms. It won't be hard to recruit enough officers who don't give a crap about rights.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge