Originally Posted by johnw
And I just figured it out. Ublock has an element Zapper that will, when selected, eliminate any element that you hover and click on. Look for the lightning bolt.

Ublock Origin is the way to go. And the element zapper works well. Some Ad blockers will let you block elements but then leave blank space behind which is just a waste of screen space. Ublock Origin does a good job of eliminating blank space where an element was.

With that said, most people usually think of the element zapper only as a way to create a custom rule to get rid of an ad that slips through. I also use it for regular web site elements to make screen space more efficient. On some sites, there's a large header or banner at the top that can be put in an element. It just needs to be something that's consistent and predictable.

I created an element in Ublock Origin for the Campfire banner at the top and I can see significantly more threads on the screen before scrolling. This is especially worthwhile on a mobile browser if it supports add-ons. Screen real estate is a premium on mobile screens and I hope more mobile browsers support add-ons in the future, if for nothing more, to allow using Ublock Origin as a means of freeing up screen space.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.