Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by gemby58
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
Originally Posted by gemby58
I know where a Rem 572 is sitting, I think the asking price was $375.00, I have to go back up to his shop next week, im going to stock up his store alittle, I can see if he stills have it if you want, PM me and ill get your cell and ill send pictures. He doesn't ship so ill have to buy it and ship it to your FFL so it would be $405.50 as there will be tax and background check. He also had a nice winchester 62 galley gun.

Generous offer but step lightly Brother. Sounds like you would be/might be in Straw Purchase territory

Not if it goes to his FFL and he fills out a 4473 and passes a background check

It all depends on whether the ATF wants to push it or not - here is a case that went to the Supreme Court concerning a similar purchase and resell. Take a look at it and ask yourself if it is something you would want to do considering the possible consequences.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/cert/12-1493

drover

He sent him the money first, I would just buy it, list it on here for sale. I would be the actual buyer, but then i deceide to sell it for a profit, he sends me the funds, i ship to the persons FFL, he fills out 4473, background check just like all of us sells guns on here, and as if i read it right he transfer the pistol, his nephew never sold it to him, and uncle never filled out a 4473. This is all talk anyways as the op never contacted me about it and I called my buddy and he said it sold, good buy Rem BDL 572 for $375 in i would say 90 to 95 % condition, thats a steal