Hi. Late to this party, but wanted to recommend a fantastic, but uncommon, pump 22. The Browning Trombone is one of the finest rifles of any caliber I’ve ever owned/handled/shot. John Moses Browning hit yet another home run with this little beauty. I found mine years ago when I could scarce afford an extravagant purchase (in college and working part time), but the price was right ($299) even if the rifle’s condition wasn’t. It had obviously been stored in damp conditions, as the steel buttplate is rusty and there is considerable checking where the stock meets it. Also freckling and larger spots of rust are present on the receiver and barrel. Overall not horrible, but far from pristine.

Mechanically it is perfect. Someone drilled and tapped for a side-mount Lyman peep sight which hurts the value yet again, but really improves the sight picture and accuracy. This thing is built like the proverbial “brick house”; really feels like a full size gun but obviously with a petite stature.

If you come across one, don’t hesitate to consider it. One of the best purchases I’ve ever made. 👍

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..."
Thomas Jefferson