The Newfoundland caribou guide I bow hunted with was unarmed and under-dressed for the wet windy weather...froze his butt off in his blue jeans.

The BC grizzly guide I bow hunted with carried a Ruger 77 .338 Winchester Magnum

The NWT muskox guide I bow hunted with carried a Winchester M94 30-30

The NWT Dall sheep guide I bow hunted with carried a Savage 110 (I think, plastic stock bolt action) 30-06

The NWT Mt Caribou guide I bow hunted with carried a Tikka 30-06

The Nunavut polar bear guide I bow hunted with carried an ancient rusty .303 British Enfield...and rooted the ice out of the muzzle with his seal gaff hook when the rifle got coated with salt water that immediately froze all over the rifle shooting at a seal at 3' (missed as they usually look away at the shot straight down to keep from getting sprayed with salt water or hit with ice). His usual rifle was a Remington 700 .222 that he planned to shoot his polar bear with later in the winter.

The Nunavut Central Barren Ground Caribou guide I bow hunted with carried a Ruger .204. He'd killed a grizzly with it 4 days before my arrival. The fresh hide was drying over his balcony railing. Said it took three shots, one to slow him up and two to calm the bear down. He liked the .204 for wolves.