thank God he's ok. hope the brain bleeding is taken care of

Originally Posted by AB2506
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...eries/15955671/rileys-wreck#Post15955671

There was a bad wind storm on the 28th and 29th of March on much of the prairies. On the 28th, the high winds caused grass fires to spread like wildfire in Alberta and some evacuations were required. Later on the 28th, it began to snow, which helped put out the grass fires.

The wind storm blew into Saskatchewan on the 29th where my nephew teaches in a small town. He lives about an hour away from the town. He made it to Moose Jaw, but the roads were quite bad, mainly the drifting snow had caused visibility to be next to nil. Riley was talking to my brother about maybe getting a room for the night. He turned onto Highway 1, the Trans Canada highway. Traffic was stopped before his exit. He looked in his mirror, a semi was bearing down on him.

He woke up a few minutes later. It certainly appears that he is lucky to be alive.

He was taken to hospital where he had a bad contusion on the back of his head and his low back was very sore. They detected some bleeding in his brain, but no significant swelling. They monitored and did a cat scan this afternoon and his brain is normal. He hurts all over though. He is getting married on August 1. It's great he was hurt more than he was.

Cars are replaceable, my nephew isn't.

Last edited by ribka; 03/30/21.