I have collected marlin Model 1893's for about 30 years now. I can tell you that the re-finish on your (or any, for that matter) Model 1893 absolutely kills the value from a collector standpoint. So now we have to look at shooter value. With that, you have to look at comparable rifles. What compares to a Model 1893 ? The newer Marlin lever actions. While their prices are steadily climbing, a rough value on any decent 336 would be in the $650 - $800 neighborhood. From a collector standpoint, I'd value your rifle at about that. Maybe a little more. There is something to be said about hunting with a 100+ yr. old rifle vs. a newer rifle. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but I see decent ORIGINAL 1893's selling in the $1200 - $1500 range. I am assuming this is in .30-30 caliber ? I think you will look hard and long to find someone willing to pay more than shooter value for a completely re-finished 1893. I think on the high end for a very nicely (which yours is) re-finished Modell 1893, your looking at $1000.

Good luck

WB

Last edited by Wishbone; 04/01/21.