Originally Posted by MadMooner
I get the 250 is a classic cartridge but obviously much has changed since it’s introduction. While 87-100 grain bullets have done a lot of work, I don’t get the resistance to using modern bullets, powder, and twist rates to get a bit more from it.

What a 115 or 130 grain bullet has to offer, it’s worth may be dependent on what the shooter is trying to achieve, it seems to me to have a place.

A light medium bore that can launch bullets from 75-130 grains at a decent clip with modest recoil and powder charges seems to offer a lot. Isn’t that why the Creedmoor became so popular?

A lot of logic there. I don't resist "modern" bullets in the .250-3000, I simply have no use for long/heavy VLD's in the two .250's I have. For me, 200 yards is a long shot, 300 yards virtually unheard of, so the old tried and true 87 Speers work just fine and are way cheaper. I'm as loony as anyone else when it comes to rifle experimentation, but I have a pile of other platforms to mess with in that regard and view the .250's I own as companionable deer rifles, comfortably secure for that purpose with old proven bullet technology.

I'm down to my last four boxes of 87 Speers, I guess I better add them to my "be on the lookout" list in the near future.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty